Monday, December 12, 2011


Painting by Susan Osmond......"The Ritual"

I have stood in front of a mirror for 58 years seeing a reflection that showed a strong, self assured woman with a successful career, a beautiful home and lots of loving family and friends. On the flip side of that reflection was a woman tortured by physical pain for more then 30 years and one who struggled daily to keep depression and despair at bay. The energy of showing one face to the world while keeping the other one hidden has led me to a breaking point.
What has been one of my salvations has been the Archetypal Dreamwork of which I have been a student of for the past 17 years. By listening to the messages and insights from my dreams I have slowly chipped away at the false face in the mirror to find my true self that lies within. I have now reached a point in my inner work where a doorway beckons. It means leaving that lie of a life behind and stepping towards the truth of myself. This blog will be a journaling and drawing of the steps that I take each moment, each day towards or away from that doorway to the other side of the looking glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment